Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Surrounded by Bad News

There is too much bad news in my little part of the world.

I have my friend Moony fighting her way back from myelodisplastic syndrome. My friend David fighting throat cancer. A couple of younger friends battling their addictions. A friend in her late 60's with 90 hard fought days sobriety who stopped smoking at the same time. A friend who has just finished her successful treatment for breast cancer, and another who just got her diagnosis. A friend with kidney disease who is waiting for a transplant from her sister, who the tests are showing may also have kidney disease.

I light a candle for them every week, but I can't even keep them all in my mind at the same time.

I pray for their health, for their strength, for them to be surrounded by love and light. I hope someone is listening...

No comments: