Tuesday, November 27, 2007

She Did It!!

I wandered into the TV room last night where Gail was working on her novel, and I got there right at the moment she submitted her manuscript to NaNoWriMo! They accepted her novel, counted her words, verified that she had, indeed, written a not horrible novel of 50,000-plus words, and declared her a winner!! (Actually, they didn't verify that it was not horrible, but that assumption is part of their working premise.)


In case you're wondering, that is about 126 pages. Think Great Gatsby, or Old Man in the Sea. Not so much War and Peace (thank goodness!).


I'm so proud! And she is awfully proud and happy too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do we find the novel? Does it have a title? I'd like to read it. And kudos to her for finishing it.

Susan

Dinah said...

I don't know if she is ready for anyone to read it yet. This was the first draft. You send them in to NaNoWriMo, and they don't post them online because someone might steal your work!! I'll ask her if she wants to send you a copy. BTW, thanks for commenting on the blog. It's really nice to get feedback!