Monday, November 26, 2007

Exhaustion

I don't know why I was so tired today. I went to work, and then left to put together some banners at the church for the upcoming Symphonic Choir concert. Then I just went home and to bed for a long nap. I think I may still be tired from the excitement and let down from the false alarm.

If I get this tired from a false alarm, I'm scared to think how I'll do when the real thing happens.

Gail is finishing her first novel. Yes, she is. She signed up for NaNoWriMo; National Novel Writing Month, where you try your best to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. She has more than 45,000 words now, and I am sure she will make it.

She does a lot of the writing while she is at dialysis. I was kidding her that if she went in for the surgery, she should ask for an extension, just for the amount of time she was unconscious!

I think she needs to tell them her story when she submits her novel. Can't you see it now? Poor but plucky woman on dialysis three times a week, undaunted by her crippling illness, successfully completes her novel while she waits for the life-saving transplant! They'll love it!!!

Yes, I am getting the tiniest bit cynical, but it's still funny.

My only claim to fame is that I suggested she participate in NaNoWriMo. You can read more about it here!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

No comments: