Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hassled and Harried

Too much work today, too much to do, too much to think about.

Then off to a couple of back to back meetings at FCC. Found myself signing up for more things to do, how can that be, I am dragging already.

But I am also feeling supported and appreciated there so it feels OK.

It is still beyond imagining that I am part of a church. If I think about it, I don't believe it. But I like these people. I like the intentional way they live, and the way they grapple with the hard stuff. I like their rigorous thinking and the way they value each other.

Yael told a story about being in Israel and taking a boat from one side of the Red Sea to the other with a bunch of Anglican priests. In the middle of the sea, they stopped the boat and sat there praying for a very long time. I love that image of the still, quiet sea in the middle of the water.

Perhaps that is where Gail and I are right now. We have left one bank of the sea and are halfway to the other side. And it is still here now, although we know it will be chaotic when we get to the other side.

We should appreciate this quiet time while we have it!

No comments: