Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Update

I haven't been blogging much. Gail's blog has become the main way to tell the world what is happening, but it might be good for me to keep this one up as well.

Status report: Gail: She has been on dialysis since December 13th, almost 7 months. We never thought it would take this long. Her transplant coordinator says they just haven't been receiving type A organs. He said today that she is one of the top 5 or 6 on the regional list, so she could be the best fit for the next organ that comes in of her blood type. Or it could take some time. The more we know, the further off it seems, so that is a little depressing.

Robin and Sachi pick her up after dialysis every Tuesday and Thursday, which is of immeasurable value. They aren't available for the next three weeks, and it is just a bear trying to figure out the easiest way to get her home. I think I am getting it worked out tho, with a little help from our friends. I realized that it is easier for me to ask for help than it is for her. So I did, and everyone responded quite wonderfully.

Status report: Puppies: They are wonderful and smart and cute and rascally. They just turned 8 months old, and they appear to be willing to sleep a little later in the morning. That is a relief, because we were pretty much being awakened at around 5:15 every morning!

Status report: Me: I'm fine, I guess. Gail is doing the heavy lifting, and I am trying to support her. Sometimes I find myself being irritated by her passivity, but I think she is just tired. I will be so glad when the transplant is over.

No comments: