Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Nerd heaven!

Gail has talked to the insurance people, and we believe that she is back on the active transplant list. We both think we will get another offer soon.

BTW, we don't just sit around thinking about the transplant all day everyday!

For your information, I am about half-way through War and Peace! And, believe it or not, I am loving it. The new translation is wonderful. I had no idea it would be a funny as it is. It reminds me of Jane Austen in its wry look at society's foibles.

I am very anal-compulsive about it, because it is such a beautiful hardback book. I have a book cover on it to protect the binding, which is good because the thing weighs about 40 pounds and is rather difficult to cart around.

And (nerd alert!!), I ordered some little brass page points from Levinger so I can mark the passages I find particularly delightful without writing on the pages. So much more civilized than post-it's, doncha know!

Heaven!!

No comments: