Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Check-in with UCSF

We usually try to call UCSF at the beginning of each month to see where Gail is on the regional list. We managed to make it a conference call today, so I got to ask all my questions.

On the regional list, she is in the top few people in her blood type. She has been on the list since April 2005.

I never knew that whenever a donor is available, they do the genetic blood tests on EVERYBODY who is active on the list, all the way down.

He said the same thing he has said since she went on the list in November 2006. It could be any day, or it could be a couple of months.

He thinks it is unlikely that she would still be on dialysis by the end of the year, so that postpones the need for a fistula. I am glad about that. I really don't want her to have to have a fistula.

Of course the REALLY disappointing news is that he doesn't think they have WiFi in the hospital rooms. They have it across the street at the medical library tho, so that should work fine. I doubt they will bring me a chai in the library tho, dangit!

No comments: