Saturday, March 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We had a very restful night in our own home last night. Gail is feeling well enough to go out to breakfast this morning. We even walked briefly around the farmers market. I bought her some brussels sprouts, which I don't like, but I guess I'll cook them for her. (Yech!)

It is wonderful to be home again. It is wonderful to be typing on a full size keyboard again. I did all the blogging for the last two weeks on my phone, and it wasn't the easiest thing to do. On the other hand, it was way easier than carrying even a laptop around.

We're trying to get organized around here! Enormous quantities of new medications to bring in and a surprising amount of old meds to get rid of somehow. We have a bunch of vials of insulin in the refrigerator taking up space that she doesn't need any more! Other diabetic equipment and supplies as well. It's pretty amazing.

Thanks to all of you yet again for your support. I have about 80 emails saved that we got over the last two weeks. I am going to print them out for Gail to read again. It meant so much to both of us to hear from you!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Dear Gail and Dinah,

Jeff, Sebastian, and I were so happy to hear your great news from Juanita, Jeff's mom, who heard it herself from Jennie and Gary at church. Congratulations! We eagerly await to know if we can help you out in any way while Gail is recovering. Feel free to give us a holler via phone or email.

Your friend,
Sonya